US Dollar Continues To Decline
The U.S. dollar index extended its decline today as interest rate differential expectation turn against the greenback.
The U.S. dollar is now at its lowest level since August 18.
The U.S. dollar has underperformed in the last two months.
The British pound extended gains to trade above the $1.17 mark for the first time late August. Data showed the U.K. economy contracted 0.2% in the third quarter, which is less than markets had expected.
STOCK INDEX FUTURES
Stock index futures are higher building on the momentum from last session’s sharp advance as investors reassessed the outlook for monetary policy.
A smaller than expected increase in U.S. inflation reinforced the belief that the Federal Reserve will slow the pace of its interest rate hikes.
The 9:00 central time November consumer sentiment index is expected to be 59.6.
The fundamentals for stock index futures are improving.
INTEREST RATE MARKET FUTURES
Federal Reserve officials welcomed Thursday’s news showing that inflation increased less than expected last month.
Dallas Federal Reserve Bank President Lorie Logan called the consumer price index report “a welcome relief,” but noted more rate increases probably are coming, although at a slower pace.
According to financial futures markets currently, there is an 85.0% probability that the Federal Open Market Committee will increase its fed funds rate by 50 basis points at the December 14 meeting and a 15.0% probability that the rate will be hiked by 75 basis points.
Interested in more futures markets? Explore our Market Dashboards here.
Risk Warning: Investments in Equities, Contracts for Difference (CFDs) in any instrument, Futures, Options, Derivatives and Foreign Exchange can fluctuate in value. Investors should therefore be aware that they may not realise the initial amount invested and may incur additional liabilities. These investments may be subject to above average financial risk of loss. Investors should consider their financial circumstances, investment experience and if it is appropriate to invest. If necessary, seek independent financial advice.
ADM Investor Services International Limited, registered in England No. 2547805, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority [FRN 148474] and is a member of the London Stock Exchange. Registered office: 3rd Floor, The Minster Building, 21 Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7AG.
A subsidiary of Archer Daniels Midland Company.
© 2021 ADM Investor Services International Limited.
Futures and options trading involve significant risk of loss and may not be suitable for everyone. Therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. The information and comments contained herein is provided by ADMIS and in no way should be construed to be information provided by ADM. The author of this report did not have a financial interest in any of the contracts discussed in this report at the time the report was prepared. The information provided is designed to assist in your analysis and evaluation of the futures and options markets. However, any decisions you may make to buy, sell or hold a futures or options position on such research are entirely your own and not in any way deemed to be endorsed by or attributed to ADMIS. Copyright ADM Investor Services, Inc.